Monday, July 20, 2009

New Drilled Beach Glass!!!

Hi,

I am so pleased that all of the work and effort have paid off - the drilled beach glass pieces are gorgeous!!!! I have sorted through the glass pieces and picked out some that would look nice and I am so enthusiastic about the results! I remember the day that I picked the cobalt blue piece off the beach. It was so beautiful. I wonder what kind of bottle it came from. It is too thin for Noxema. Maybe a Milk of Magnesia bottle?? The picture does not do it justice - believe me.




The gray piece is such a marvellous shape. It is thicker as well. I wonder where it came from? Maybe glass from a ship???


The 'lightening bolt" clear piece is so ... dare I say (at my age :) ) .... funky!!!!!!



I am so excited about experimenting with making more earrings from the drilled pieces. It is very difficult to find two pieces that match each other - you don't want them to match perfectly, I know - some people, like Pete, never wear earrings that match! She is so cool!

These are the first drilled beach glass earrings that I have done.

I just sent in samples of my beach glass jewellery to the Craft Council for the jury process! I am so nervous but excited. Wish me luck!!!

Take care,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment